I've begun the seedling now, and I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far. It's always a struggle to work out how much embroidery is too much, how much adds to the image and how much is just overkill. I'm going to do what James suggested and leave it for now, I'll add more later on if it needs it. I've got 19 days to go until I have to submit the entry, so I really need to crack on with the patchwork for the soil and the sun.
I went to the patchwork shop in Bungendore yesterday in an attempt to pick up some more browns. I found her stock was a bit limited but we'll make do with what we've got since I'm not going to fit in a trip back to Gold Creek or Belco.
Seedling so far: