More of the tree bark topo.

I bought some coloured felt from Hobbysew in Belco today which should hopefully give me a bit more of a range to work with in the wool fabric. It's 80% wool, which is close enough since it's almost impossible to find actualy wool felt in decent colours and I'm not spending the next ten years dying and felting it myself!

I have cut out a few more pieces for the panel:

I've done a lot more work on the left hand side than the right, there is A LOT more to come!

This is the only orange/brown segment I've done so far but I'm happy with the colourway. It always amazes me how effective it can be with just a few colours added.

It's starting to look more like a tree now! I'm still not 100% sure about sewing it all together, mum was stressing me out worrying about the fabric moving and stretching, but I think I'm going to have to do a few samples before I can start sewing. It's always a risk to cut too much out before I've started sewing, but I feel like I really need to get the layers right since it will be a lot of hard work to unpick and insert more layers if it looks unbalanced at the end.

Luckily the fabric appears to be bonding slightly even without me doing anything to it, just through the nature of the fibres, and I'm having to work to peel apart the layers, there is no sliding them about once they're down. It's a little like working with a mammoth fuzzy felt set. I hope it stays that way while I'm sewing!!!!!