eeek!

So I thought I'd get started sewing tonight. Yeah no, shouldn't start sewing when I'm super tired. I managed to get the first piece on right, then promptly sewed the next piece on back to front. Fail.

 
This is the one piece I managed to get on right. It's part of the Soldier On logo (cropped to fit) which has been printed on to fabric. I'm actually really pleased with how it's turned out, I thought I'd give it a go and there was not a chance but it's very effective. Below is the logo which I've adapted to fit.
 
James pointed out it's actually quite effective, because in the quilt the wounded soldier is being helped away from the Roll of Honour by his mate.

 
And I've finished cutting the pieces for the background, I just need to sew them on!