I worked on the poppies today, which felt quite good since today was Remberance Day. I came up with a decent way to quilt the actual flowers, and I've basted the layers of the background + wadding, and I've painted the names for the honour roll! Phew!
I guess I've got 1 flower 99% complete, the middle flower is probably 50%, and I haven't started the top flower at all. So all up, I'm probably half way through. At this rate I should be able to finish Soldier On in time for the Canberra Show.
I'm unimpressed with the top names, which is to be expected since they were the ones I did first, but they will be almost totally covered by poppies anyway. The camera has picked out the shiny silver, it doesn't look quite as bright in real life.