Working on the James quilt.

I've had a few issues with the cam print, what I had in my head didn't work, but I tried it with the resist lines and it looks much better now. This was my first attempt without the resist. It was very unpredictable and just looked clunky.

image

And this was the second try with the resist. Sorry it's such a dodgy photo, it looks much better in the daylight. I prefer this version, I think it will be interesting enough to still look like cam print with the echo quilting for the shading over the top. This will all probably make much more sense when I've started quilting it so bear with me.

image

I also finally admitted that my quilting gloves were dead, and I bought myself a shiny new pair! I was thinking about buying a pair of riding gloves like I had when I was a kid but I realised any benefit from their extra grip would be negated since they're so much thicker than quilting gloves - I've got to start adapting to the heat here!

image