I quilted the bark today.

image

But as per usual I forgot to take a photo in the daylight so I've only got dodgy pics.

I had a few false starts as the fabric was too thick so the visofix hadn't stuck so well, I just blasted it again with a super hot iron and it was fine. I love all the straight lines, the obsessive compulsive part of me loves getting them 1mm apart without touching.

For the critter I'm thinking I'll go with a version of a cup moth, something like this:

image

I try to use mostly the same fabrics for the bark and the bugs, but I didn't have anything bumpy enough for this moths chunky body so I've felted a little piece I might use, no pics I'll take one in the sun tomorrow once it's dry.