Moth wings.

I've been busy doing heaps of admin (including sending the soldier on quilt to the US for the World Quilt Competition and Free To Roam to France) and I've also been putting together the components for this moth. image

I've started with the sketch of the mottled cup moth, and I'm going to use some of the felt I made the other day for the body. The wings are done on the machine, using the same brown and bronze fabric as is in the quilt.

image

I stitched them with a cream cotton using some straight stitch and since zig zag stitch (all free motion).

Next I have to put it all together by hand.

image