Bark quilt 4 - more moth

image

I finished his wings last night, I used the mid grey fabric, the copper sheer and the gold foil. The stitching is good, I started with normal free motion straight stitch but I ended up using mostly free motion zig zag, it's just a bit softer and more feathery.

image

The wing on the left had been edged with zigzag in the same copper as the fabric, the one on the right is pre-edging.

I'm still not sure how/where to put him, I've moved away from the idea of two, it might be more dramatic with multiple bugs but I think it can become too cluttered and kitsch, I like how with just one he is almost camouflaged.

He's ended up about 30cm across and this pic is about a third of the quilt to give you an idea of how big it all is.

image